Click here for Employment Application
Please email your cover letter, resume, and completed application to Heather Pautsch at email@example.com or mail to: Leo A. Hoffmann Center, Attn: Heather Pautsch, 1715 Sheppard Drive, PO Box 60, St. Peter, MN 56082
Hoffmann Counseling Services of St. Peter and New Ulm is seeking full time Mental Health Practitioners (MHP) in our Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) program. Our CTSS program provides community based rehabilitative services to children and adolescents with mental illness. Our Mental Health Practitioners provide individual and family skills training under the direction of a Qualified Mental Health Professional. Qualified candidates will be able to provide services to children and families in the home and community settings, and work independently and engage effectively with children with mental illness. A valid driver’s license, auto insurance, reliable transportation and proficient use of computers are necessary to fulfill this position; previous experience with electronic health records is desirable.
Qualifications and Skills:
Mental health practitioners providing services for the treatment of mental illness, who are not eligible for enrollment, must be under clinical supervision of a mental health professional and must be qualified in at least one of the following five ways:
1. Holds a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or a related field, from an accredited college or university and meets either a or b:
a. Has at least 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of mental health services to recipients with mental illness
b. Is fluent in a non-English language of a cultural group to which at least 50% of the practitioners recipients belong, completes 40 hours of training in the delivery of services to recipients with mental illness, and receives clinical supervision from a mental health professional at least once a week until the requirements of 2,000 hours of supervised experience are met
2. Has at least 6,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of mental health services to recipients with mental illness. Hours worked as a mental health behavioral aide I or II under Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) may be included in the 6,000 hours of experience for child recipients.
3. Is a graduate student in one of the mental health professional disciplines and an accredited college or university formally assigns the student to an agency or facility for clinical training
4. Holds a masters or other graduate degree in one of the mental health professional disciplines from an accredited college or university
5. Is a tribally certified mental health practitioner who is serving a federally recognized Indian tribe
In addition to the above criteria:
This Full-time/Part-Time Registered Nurse position is responsible for coordinating the day to day medical concerns of all clients, including assessing their medical needs, assisting psychiatrists, administering medication and scheduling required medical examinations & treatment & educating clients and their families. This position includes ongoing communication with treatment staff regarding client symptoms and possible recommendations, as well as facilitating licensing requirements for medical care of clients. This position is under supervision of the Director of Nursing.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
Registered Nurse Minimum Requirements:
Leo A. Hoffmann Center is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.